At CW4WAfghan, the right to education is about more than access to school; it’s about the quality of education.
From 2002 to 2021, Afghanistan dramatically increased the number of schools operating, teachers hired and children enrolled, but significant quality challenges remained.
Our Investing in Basic Education Program focused on improving the quality of education by training teachers and expanding their access to educator resources through projects like:
- The Gender Equity in Teacher Training to Improve Girls’ Education (GETT) Project with professional development courses for displaced school leaders and teachers,
- Accessible Storybooks for Children to ensure children with disabilities continue to learn,
- Learning Plus Baskets are distributed with local language reading material plus essential food staples and supplies,
- Darakht-e Danesh Classroom and Courses with virtual learning opportunities for Afghan children, youth and adults both in Afghanistan and beyond,
- Darakht-e Danesh Digital Library with 6,600 free and open resources in 127 subjects published in nine Afghan languages, used by thousands of Afghans every month,